Are you interested in being a Medical or Allied Health Advisor?
Medical Advisor Job Description
- Currently or retired certified health care provider
- Has knowledge of and is familiar with Ehlers Danlos syndromes and related conditions, and/or is committed to learning more.
- Works well with persons of varied backgrounds including sexual preference, race, ethnicity, culture, socioeconomic status, and individuals that are differently-abled.
- Has demonstrated commitment to non-violence and other related community and social issues as exhibited through previous volunteer work or employment.
- Is able to pass a caregiver background check.
- Medical Advisor will be responsible to provide advisory services to the Board Members as requested.
- Medical Advisor will be available to speak with other medical professionals on behalf of Strengthening Connections/EDS Wisconsin Inc. to further our mission of raising awareness of EDS and related conditions.
- Medical advisor may be asked to provide educational lectures to both medical and non-medical audiences.
- Ability to advise and guide EDS Wisconsin, Inc. and/or Strengthening Connections, Inc.
LEADERSHIP REGARDING MEDICAL CONTENT
- Ability to speak in front of large groups of people
- Ability to communicate with other medical providers to provide further EDS education
Medical Advisors will be asked to commit 2-5 hours per month to aid EDS Wisconsin, Inc./ Strengthening Connections, Inc. as the organization continues to grow. The organization will expect the Medical Advisor to find time to answer questions and review documents and provide guidance internally for the organization, participate in peer to peer medical conversations on behalf of the organization, call in to quarterly Board meetings, and potentially participate in speaking opportunities for the organization.